Condé Nast Traveler is a luxury and lifestyle travel magazine ranked “Palawan Island” as a number 1 of the top islands in the World for 2015. Also in the list are Boracay at no.15 and Cebu at no.19.
An overall ranking of 85.937, Palawan island is one of the Philippines’ 7,107 shot to the top of Condé Nast list again this year with a recent claim to fame.
Palawan beat out famous and historical destinations like Mykonos, the British Virgin Islands, and Bali. It is also the second time the island topped the said list, getting the honor at last year’s awards as well.
In the write-up, Condé Nast notes how tourists are mainly attracted to this beautiful Palawan island, “It’s now home to one of the new seven natural wonders of the world, Puerto Princesa Subterranean River.”
Boracay got a rating of 80. 856 and was commended for its beautiful sunsets along with its booming nightlife. On the other hand, Cebu got a rating of 80.404 along with praises for its beaches, shopping areas, and food spots.
The Following are the list of Condé Nast Traveler 20 Best Islands in the World: Readers’ Choice Awards for 2015.
- Palawan Island, Philippines – Rating: 85.937
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia – Rating: 84.756
- Moorea, French Polynesia – Rating: 84.656
- Waiheke Island, New Zealand – Rating: 84.447
- Bermuda – Rating: 84.245
- Great Barrier Reef & Whitsunday Islands, Australia – Rating: 83.420
- Vancouver Island, BC, Canada – Rating: 82.495
- Bali, Indonesia – Rating: 82.330
- Santorini, Greece – Rating: 81.947
- Tasmania, Australia – Rating: 81.810
- Cook Islands – Rating: 81.326
- British Virgin Islands – Rating: 80.960
- St. John, USVI – Rating: 80.939
- Mykonos, Greece – Rating: 80.938
- Boracay, Philippines – Rating: 80.856
- Maldives – Rating: 80.833
- Orkney Islands, Scotland – Rating: 80.603
- St. Lucia – Rating: 80.569
- Cebu, Philippines – Rating: 80.404
- Hvar & Dalmatian Islands, Croatia – Rating: 80.264