A 16-year-old Canadian teen from Alberta took a drag off his electronic cigarette when it suddenly exploded in his face. The teen was taken to the hospital and treated for first and second-degree burns, and had to have two root canal surgeries to repair his teeth.

ouch_face2This is the statement from the victim’s father:

“It lit my kid’s face on fire, busted two teeth out. It burned the back of his throat, burned his tongue very badly. If he wasn’t wearing glasses, he possibly could have lost his eyes.”

ty-greer“He wanted to die. That is how much pain he was in.”

“He pushed the button and blew in, and then you wait a couple of seconds, and then you puff on it.┬áIt was about two inches from his mouth and it just blew apart.”

“I would like to see these unregulated ones possibly banned. It is horrific to see your kid with his face so burnt.”

Watch the video:

SHARE