President Rodrigo Duterte after blasting the United States for supposedly interfering with his anti-drug war wants immediate American troops to pull out in Mindanao, as he pointed the finger at Washington for the security threats in the south.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte

During the oath taking of new appointees in Malacañang on Monday, Duterte said the American troops should leave, “The special forces, they have to go in Mindanao as they are in danger of being abducted by US-hating terrorist group Abu Sayyaf.”

“If they see an American, they would kill him. They would demand ransom then kill him. Even if you’re a black or white American as long as you are an American, (they will kill you),” he added.

While Duterte did not mention any deadline or say how he intends to pursue his wishes. The U.S. Embassy did not immediately issue any reaction.

Photo by - AFP/Getty Images
Photo by – AFP/Getty Images

The deployment of U.S. troops in 2002 was to train, advise and provide intelligence and weapons to Filipino troops battling the al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf militants in the southern Philippines. When the American forces withdrew in February last year, U.S. officials said a smaller contingent of U.S. military advisers would stay. – JCE.

Watch President Duterte’s speech says U.S. Special Forces in Mindanao that they have to go

SHARE